- 1. Roberts, NA, Adams, BD, McCarthy, NI, Tooze, RM, Parnell, SM, Anderson, G, … Horsley, V. (2017). Prdm1 Regulates Thymic Epithelial Function To Prevent Autoimmunity. The Journal of Immunology, 199(4), 1250–1260. doi:10.4049/jimmunol.1600941
- 2. Singh, T, and Adams, BD. (2017). The Regulatory Role of miRNAs on VDR in Breast Cancer. Transcription, 8(4), 232–241. DOI:10.1080/21541264.2017.1317695
- 3. Chua FY, and Adams BD. (2017). Androgen Receptor and miR-206 Regulation in Prostate Cancer. Transcription, e1322668. DOI: 10.1080/21541264.2017.1322668
- 4. Metheetrairut, C, Adams, BD, Nallur, S, Weidhaas, J, and Slack, FJ. (2016) cel-mir-237 and its Homologue, hsa-miR-125b, Modulate the Cellular Response to Ionizing Radiation. Oncogene, 36(4), 512-524. DOI: 10.1038/onc.2016.222
- 5. Adams, BD, Parsons, C, Walker, L, Zhang, WC, and Slack, FJ. (2017) Targeting Noncoding RNAs in Disease. Journal Clinical Investigation, 127(3), 761-771. DOI: 10.1172/JCI84424
- 6. Adams, BD, Wali, VB, Cheng, CJ, Inukai, S, Booth, CJ, Agarwal, S, Rimm, DL, Győrffy, B, Santarpia, L, Pusztai, L, Saltzman, WM, and Slack FJ. (2016) miR-34a Silences c-SRC to Attenuate Tumor Growth in Triple Negative Breast Cancer. Cancer Research, 76(4), 927-939. DOI: 10.1158/0008-5472.CAN-15-2321
- 7. Adams, BD, Parsons, C, and Slack, FJ. (2016). The Tumor-Suppressive and Potential Therapeutic Functions of miR-34a in Epithelial Carcinomas. Expert Opinion Therapeutic Targets, 20(6), 737-753. DOI: 10.1517/14728222.2016.1114102
- 8. Adams, BD, Anastasiadou, E, Esteller, M, He, L, & Slack, FJ. (2015). The Inescapable Influence of Noncoding RNAs in Cancer. Cancer Research, 75(24), 5206-5210. DOI:10.1158/0008-5472.can-15-1989
About This Project
The treatments available for glioblastoma multiform (GBM) patients provide a minimal survival benefit, and novel methodologies to detect and treat GBM are needed. This project focuses on a gene product called noncoding RNA, a molecule that regulates the expression of tumor-causing genes at the RNA level. The Institute identified novel RNA transcripts detectable in human cancer. We will determine the consequences when cells lose these transcripts and will develop noncoding RNA biomarkers for GBM.
Browse Other Projects on Experiment
Should I stay or should I go? Connecting bird behavior during migration to fat stores and antioxidant capacity
Thank you to our backers for $5600! We actually need up to $24000 - please keep donating! In the fall, most...