- 1. Adams, BD, Anastasiadou, E, Esteller, M, He, L, & Slack, FJ. (2015). The Inescapable Influence of Noncoding RNAs in Cancer. Cancer Research, 75(24), 5206-5210. DOI:10.1158/0008-5472.can-15-1989
- 2. Gonzalez-Martin, A, Adams, BD, Lai, M, Shepherd, J, Salvador-Bernaldez, M, Salvador, JM, Lu, J, Nemazee, D, Xiao, C. (2016). The microRNA miR-148a functions as a critical regulator of B cell tolerance and autoimmunity. Nature Immunology, 17(4), 433-440. DOI: 10.1038/ni.3385
- 3. Roberts, NA, Adams, BD, McCarthy, NI, Tooze, RM, Parnell, SM, Anderson, G, … Horsley, V. (2017). Prdm1 Regulates Thymic Epithelial Function To Prevent Autoimmunity. The Journal of Immunology, 199(4), 1250–1260. doi:10.4049/jimmunol.1600941
- 4. Singh, T, and Adams, BD. (2017). The Regulatory Role of miRNAs on VDR in Breast Cancer. Transcription, 8(4), 232–241. DOI:10.1080/21541264.2017.1317695
- 5. Adams, BD, Wali, VB, Cheng, CJ, Inukai, S, Booth, CJ, Agarwal, S, Rimm, DL, Győrffy, B, Santarpia, L, Pusztai, L, Saltzman, WM, and Slack FJ. (2016) miR-34a Silences c-SRC to Attenuate Tumor Growth in Triple Negative Breast Cancer. Cancer Research, 76(4), 927-939. DOI: 10.1158/0008-5472.CAN-15-2321
- 6. Adams, BD, Parsons, C, and Slack, FJ. (2016). The Tumor-Suppressive and Potential Therapeutic Functions of miR-34a in Epithelial Carcinomas. Expert Opinion Therapeutic Targets, 20(6), 737-753. DOI: 10.1517/14728222.2016.1114102
- 7. Metheetrairut, C, Adams, BD, Nallur, S, Weidhaas, J, and Slack, FJ. (2016) cel-mir-237 and its Homologue, hsa-miR-125b, Modulate the Cellular Response to Ionizing Radiation. Oncogene, 36(4), 512-524. DOI: 10.1038/onc.2016.222
- 8. Adams, BD, Parsons, C, Walker, L, Zhang, WC, and Slack, FJ. (2017) Targeting Noncoding RNAs in Disease. Journal Clinical Investigation, 127(3), 761-771. DOI: 10.1172/JCI84424
About This Project
The treatments available for glioblastoma multiform (GBM) patients provide a minimal survival benefit, and novel methodologies to detect and treat GBM are needed. This project focuses on a gene product called noncoding RNA, a molecule that regulates the expression of tumor-causing genes at the RNA level. The Institute identified novel RNA transcripts detectable in human cancer. We will determine the consequences when cells lose these transcripts and will develop noncoding RNA biomarkers for GBM.
Recent Lab Notes From This Project
Browse Other Projects on Experiment
Urban Pollination: sustain native bees & urban crops
Bee activity on our crop flowers is crucial to human food security, but bees are also declining around the...
Wormfree World - Finding New Cures
Hookworms affect the lives of more than 400,000,000 men, women and children around the world. The most effective...
Viral Causes of Lung Cancer
We have special access to blood specimens collected from more than 9,000 cancer free people. These individuals...