Turkey - Gaziantep
Bahar Relief Organization
Bahar is a non-profit, non-governmental, humanitarian organization based in Turkey - Gaziantep city. The organization operates humanitarian programs in the north of Syria to alleviate the suffering of affected people nowadays. Bahar has implemented protection and GBV projects since the start of the crisis in 2011, and it is an active member of the humanitarian clusters.
- The researcher works for Bahar as a manager of the health program that includes health, nutrition, protection, and WaSH projects.
- As a part of Bahar efforts against GBV, the researcher is a gender focal point within the humanitarian clusters in Turkey under the leadership of IASC.
- Bahar was previously involved in fund-raising activities to provide a fund for protection services for women and girls in Syria.
- With a Master in Public Health and a Diploma in Humanitarian Health and Nutrition from Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine LSTM, the researcher will lead this project applying the scientific background he has in a humanitarian perspective.
- The research is currently an author in a Ph.D. research regarding the impact of the crisis in Syria on health workers and health system.
- The researcher has conducted research on Diabetes Mellitus type II in Syria (prevalence and risk factors).