Top 5 Errors Scientists Make When Communicating to the Public (Plus Cute Animal Gifs)
The first rule of science communication is to know your audience. With this in mind, our lab note today features the most popular communication technique for an audience of random people on the internet: the cute animal funny gif. Enjoy!
Top 5 Errors Scientists Make When Communicating to the Public
5) Not knowing your audience
4) Using too many confusing jargon terms
3) Dumbing down complex topics
2) Not having a clear take-away message
1) Not telling a story (and thus boring your audience to sleep)
Yes, our project is funded at 100% but you can still donate to help us meet our stretch goals! If you think science communication is important or even if this post just made you chuckle, please pitch in a few dollars for our project. Every little bit helps!