- 1. This has now become a bedroom community.
- 2. Antenna pole.
- 3. that was just total chaos.
- 4. maybe I'll take chances more than what most will
- 5. over at the VA,
- 6. As I lived down here, my mother wasn't doing good, so I moved down here.
- 7. I'm getting off topic again.
- 8. my Lexington theater community
- 9. but, of course, no, there's circular activity in the storm
- 10. What do you remember them doing?
- 11. There were ghosts floating around, and people just shivering.
- 12. ready for term limits
About This Project
When Zachary Dearing sought refuge from Hurricane Harvey, he didn’t expect to be managing a storm shelter. He and a small band of volunteers kept others calm, dealt with leaks, and saved lives. None had leadership or emergency training.
What enabled Zachary, a writer and actor, to rise to leadership when others had not? How did the group succeed?
This ethnographic case study will dig past the obvious to reveal the deeper actions and motivations of Zachary and others at the shelter.