Q & A Time
We received the below questions and we attempt to answer them below.
- What is the $700 for installation services?
- What are the credentials and sourcing for the volunteer web developers?
- How will you be applying "prescriptive analytics" to the project?
- How will the study be structured to measure results?
- The $700 is for network installation and lab maintenance
- Our sourcing will be mostly Boston College computer science freshmen. Teaching Credential requirements are still TBD but will be highly related to the scrutiny of myself and 3 other wordpress developers (the three -- excluding myself -- are also high-end python and mobile development programmers and 1 is all that and a mathematics professor).
- Prescriptive analytics is one of my primary professor-advisor's expertise. He's teaching me how to execute so that will be the final stage of the 3-4 year project. So the answer to that is also TBD
- Measuring results will include Subject Measurement and tracking through analytics and tag management software; including Collections of metrics on subject mastery followed by subject surveys and post-graduation yearly surveys ... Then if we can get at least 1000 surveys (I'm a part-time MBA student so this is a 4-5 year program/project) the multivariate predictive (and prescriptive) analysis can begin. Here is a video that explains one of the logistic regression methods we will use on the student survey and training data results:http://www.tatvic.com/webinar/churn-analysis-for-mobile-application/
Finally, Here's a semi-technical blog post on churn risk that I wrote (which can be applied to educational contexts when isolating the proper correlates as independent and dependent variables in the data). I will be applying the principles in this post in my MBA 4-year thesis:
And, believe it or not, that's just the short version.